Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Dating My Husband

Thomas and I have had a really fun few months! For his birthday I got him tickets to The Piano Guys concert. We had an absolute blast! The Schutzmans babysat Emma for us, and we spent the evening strolling around Zona Rosa, eating at a nice Italian restaurant, and going to the concert. The Piano Guys put on an awesome concert.... spouting out funny jokes and playing beautiful music in a gorgeous theater! I had a great time getting all dressed up and spending the evening one on one with my husband.







Another weekend, Thomas surprised me and took me to Country Club Plaza. He set up a massage appointment for me that day and then we strolled around the plaza and ate at a really fun Italian restaurant called Buca di Beppo. I don't think I've ever been so relaxed in my life! That massage was heaven and I actually found myself falling to sleep during it. The Italian restaurant was so fun set up family-style and underground with a lot of fun pictures and a cool atmosphere. And their calamari and sangria… To die for! While Ruth watched Emma overnight, we spent our night at the beautiful hotel right next to the plaza. It was such a wonderful break and very relaxing! I loved strolling around the plaza and stopping at Panera Bread for some tea since it was a bit nippy outside. We had a ton of fun! Although I must say, I really really missed Emma! She's my little pumpkin. I did appreciate the break though. LOL 




A couple of Sundays ago, Thomas and I decided to have a fall day and carve pumpkins! We got some apple cider ale and our pumpkins and went to town. It was a blast! Thomas had never carved a pumpkin before but nonetheless decided to carve a very challenging piece. He carved the face of Jesus. Unfortunately because this time of year is supposed to be a haunted and scary time, the piece may look a little ghostly, but it is in fact religious. LOL I think it came out pretty awesome! I carved a fleur-de-lis, which to my dismay didn't come out as good as I would've liked. I accidentally punched out the wrong pieces of the pumpkin. Lol It was a ton of fun though!







I think it's so important to continue on dating your spouse. It's been so special and wonderful for our relationship! It makes us better spouses to each other and parents to our children. I recently heard a talk on marriage and how it always should be kept a priority. The woman used the analogy that, just like on the plane they tell the adults to put on the oxygen mask first before assisting the children because otherwise you would be no help to them if you died, it is the same thing in marriage, that if your marriage gets ruined your children will be ruined by default. I want to always keep this in mind and keep my husband I priority. I want to always reserve time for him and make our relationship special!

Next week is the Christ the King Festival which we're really looking forward to! St. Mary's does an awesome job putting this thing together. They have booths set up themed all different types of countries with that type of food....which is infact FREE. *jaw drop* My favorite last year were the fried Oreos. Sounds disgusting I know, but they were actually delicious! I'm so glad I decided to try them.

Thomas has been working hard trying to qualify for the incentive trip with the Knights of Columbus. We are pretty sure that he's going to make it and only has a few more apps that he has to do in order to qualify. He's doing a fantastic job with the Knights of Columbus and will be the only guy besides one other person who qualifies for the trip this early on in his career. He's hoping to have everything done before Thanksgiving which would be great because that means he can take a break in December from his hard work. The incentive trip is March 2015 and it is to Spain and Portugal. I can't even imagine how awesome that would be! A completely free trip to Europe staying at five-star hotels! I was nervous about traveling with Emma, but Ruth assured me that so many wives bring their children and help each other out and that she would be there for me as well to help out with whatever we needed. Thomas' Aunt (her husband also works for the same agency and is trying to qualify) also assured me the same thing. We'll see how it goes! Might be the best trip of our lives or could be the worst! LOL but at least it's free and will probably never get this opportunity again!

Well that's all for now! I better take advantage of Emma napping and get some stuff done including fixing dinner before my husband gets home.